Today is National Burger Day and I do miss eating a burn-your-head black peppery burger from a certain fast food chain. So I tried to make one for myself to hilang rindu.
Happy National Burger Day!
Serves 3 people
Saussage meat is optional but it does keep the patty juicy.
200g minced beef
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 fresh beef sausage, casings removed (optional)
½ tsp. black pepper powder
½ tsp. salt
3 hot dog buns/oblong buns
A little mayonnaise
Black Pepper Sauce
½ yellow onion, finely chopped
2 tsp. oil
1 cup water
1 tsp. dark soy sauce
1 tsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. oyster sauce
1 tsp. chicken stock powder/liquid
2 tsp. black pepper powder
1 tbsp. corn flour slurry
A little splash of milk
1. Mix well all ingredients for burger patty together and form 3 oblong shaped patties.
Shape it quite flat as it will shrink and plump up during cooking
2. Sear on high heat on both sides, but don’t cook it through. Set it aside.
3. In a pan, lightly saute onions until golden brown. In the meantime, add dark soy sauce, soy sauce, oyster sauce and chicken stock into the cup of water. Mix well.
4. Pour liquids into pan together with black pepper powder, corn flour slurry and a splash of milk. Stir well.
5. Put seared patty into the sauce and let it simmer gently for a few minutes.
6. Spread a little mayo on hot dog buns and toast on a pan.
7. Put burger patty on toasted bun and add chopped raw onions of you fancy.
8. There will be extra sauce left over, you can dip your burger into the sauce for each bite you take for the extra uumph!
Awesome black pepper burger!