We are huge fans of Caesar salad because let’s face it if we have to eat the green stuff, a little bit of salty, creamy dressing is the right pairing. We gave the classic caesar an asian soul by adding in garlic and some rice vinegar
A classic caesar with a twist!
Serves 3 - 4 people
For a classic caesar dressing omit onions and use lemon juice instead of vinegar.
6 cloves garlic
½ tsp mustard
4 Tbs parmesan
2 Tbs rice vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
Romaine and frisee leaves (or any greens you like)
Extra parmesan shaving if desired
1. Beat egg yolks until frothy with mustard.
2. Slowly pour in oil while whisking, until all oil is incorporated and emulsified (this makes a basic mayonaise).
3. Sautee garlic in oil until golden brown and crispy- careful not to burn it. When tossed and a little cool, chop up finely and add half of it to mayonaise.
4.Whisk in anchovies, parmesan. Add in rice vinegar.
5. Mix all. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add in any of the ingredients to the taste you desire.
6. Let rest in the fridge for half hour before tossing it with your salad. Add croutons, parmesan shavings and more of the crispy garlic for texture.
*You will have quite a bit of dressing left so keep it in an air tight bottle. It will keep up to one week.