As soon as this cake was taken out of the oven, everyone in the kitchen was dying for a slice. Soft and buttery, with a lovely hint of pandan this cake is a great tea time treat!
Buttery with a wonderful pandan flavour.....
Serves 6-8 people
Serve some for teatime and your neighbours will be begging for the recipe.
227g butter/ 1 block
200g castor sugar
2 Tbs pandan kaya
4 large eggs
20ml pandan juice
½ tsp pandan paste
260g self raising flour
20ml coconut milk
1 tsp baking powder
30g desiccated coconut
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2. Add eggs one at a time. Add kaya.
3. Alternate dry ingredients with wet.Mix well.
4. Lastly fold coconut milk in.
5. Put in 8 inch pan. Bake at 175 C for 50 mins