Named after gifted ballerina Anna Pavlova, this light and airy dessert is made from egg whites and sugar. The best kinds have a subtly crunchy exterior and a soft, pliable interior.
Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. MMm-mmmm!
Serves 8 people
Don't waste the yolks from this recipe!
4 egg whites
1 cup castor sugar
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tbs cornflour
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups whipped cream
Fruits, as you like
*Preheat the oven at 120 degrees celcius for an hour
1. Beat the egg whites until fluffy.
2. Add the sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, and beat until glossy, white and stiff.
3. Fold in the vinegar, cornflour and vanilla essence.
4. Line a baking tray with parchment, and spread the mixture on it, making soft peaks.
5. Bake for 60 mins.
6. Once baked, just keep it in the oven for 2 hours so it can set and dry out.
7. Cool it down, then decorate and garnish with whipped cream and fruits.