Have a change from your usual lunch routine. This lush soup is packed with vitamins & minerals that is good for your body, and it tastes so good! Go on, give it a try. It’s easy to reheat at work and you can grab a crusty roll to mop up the bits at the bottom of your bowl.
A hearty feel-good soup that will warm up your tummy..
Serves 3 - 4 people
Another way to make this soup extra awesome, do not remove the beef bacon from the pot and continue cooking as instructed. This provides the soup a more meaty depth of flavor.
2 rashers beef bacon
2 tbsp. oil
1 small yellow onion (sliced)
2 cloves garlic (sliced)
200g potatoes (peel & small diced)
800ml hot water
1 chicken stock cube
400g frozen peas
¾ tsp. salt
Pinch of pepper
½ tsp. drizzle of lemon juice
1. Chop the beef bacon into small pieces and fry in a pot with 2tbsp. of oil until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
2. In the same pot, sauté the onion and garlic until soft and translucent, do not brown it.
3. Sauté the potatoes for 2 minutes and add in the hot water and chicken stick cube. Cook until the potatoes are soft.
4. Pour in the frozen peas and bring it to a boil. The peas are cooked when it floats to the top.
5. Blitz the soup with a stick blender until the consistency is smooth and silky. You can leave it slightly chunky if you prefer.
6. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle in some lemon juice. Add more lemon juice is you like it more tangy.
7. Serve with some toasted bread or croutons and don’t forget to sprinkle crispy bacon on your soup.