Pasta Aglio Olio is a pretty straight-forward dish to make, but it can get pretty flat if not done right. This recipe, however, is packed full of prawn flavour and goodness! Best of all, the ingredient set is still pretty simple. This recipe is quick to cook, and just about perfect for those lazy weekday nights or weekend afternoons. Best enjoyed with family and friends, everyone will love this pasta dish!
Prawn and pasta perfecto!
Serves 4-5 people
This pasta and prawns recipe is packed with flavour and makes an excellent, filling meal that is not too heavy on your tummy.
1 packet spaghetti
15-20 medium sized prawns
100ml olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, sliced
4 shallots, chopped
1-2 tbsp chili flakes
salt to taste
pepper to taste
5-6 basil leaves, shredded
1. Cook the pasta according to instructions and set aside to cool.
2. Peel the prawns and remove the heads. Set aside the meat for now.
3. In a pan, put the shells and heads with 100ml water, and bring to a boil then simmer for 8 minutes. Strain the liquid, discard the shells.
4. Next, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, add the garlic and shallots. Fry over medium heat for 5 minutes.
5. Toss in the chili flakes, cook another 2 minutes.
6. Add in the pasta, mix thoroughly and season to taste.
7. Pour in the strained prawn liquid, and cook another 3 minutes.
8. Next, put the prawns in the pasta and stir until the prawns turn pink and firm, about 3-4 minutes.
9. Lastly, turn off the heat and toss in the shredded basil leaves.