Enjoy a breakfast that keeps you fuller longer throughout your morning. And also it tastes pretty awesome!
Serves 2 - 3 people
Adding vinegar to the poaching liquid helps the egg whites firm up quicker and to prevent it dispersing in the water
1 packet spinach
1 small knob butter
4 fresh eggs
1 tbsp. vinegar
Pinch of salt
8 pieces beef pastrami
2 breakfast muffins/wholegrain toast
1. Bring a small pot of water to boil with some vinegar and a pinch of salt. Turn the heat down to a gentle simmer.
2. Crack an egg into a bowl. Use a spoon to swirl the water in one direction and gently pour in the egg into the center of the swirl. Let the egg poach until your preferred texture.
3. Sauté the spinach with a little bit of butter. Remove from the heat when it is 50% wilted.
4. Toast and butter the breakfast muffin. Put a layer of sautéed spinach, followed by 2 slices of Pastrami and top off with the poached egg.
5. Season the egg with salt and pepper and enjoy your Protein Powered Breakfast!