Chicken and beef bacon are old best friends. In this recipe, the bacon is wrapped around the chicken breast to keep it moist and juicy. It is simple to prepare and together with the lush pumpkin mash, it is ultimate comfort food for a busy weekday, or a lazy weekend.
Some comfort food after a long day...
2 Chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
6 strips beef bacon
Salt & Pepper
2 tbsp butter
¼ cup milk
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Put a medium sized pot of water on the stove with the lid on, turn on high heat. Switch on the oven and set the temperature to 190 degrees Celsius.
2. Clean your chicken breasts and pat dry. Season with salt and pepper. Lay each breast on 3 strips of beef bacon. Wrap bacon strips snug around the breast.
3. Transfer chicken on a roasting tray. Roast it in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked.
4. Peel and cut the pumpkin and potatoes into large cubes. Boil potatoes first until it is half way cooked, then only add in the pumpkin.
5. When both the potato and pumpkin is fork tender, strain out all the water and add in butter. Mash it up and gradually add in the milk. Adjust the amount of milk if necessary. Season to taste.
6. Serve with a side of salad or with some veggies of your choice.