Here is a healthier version of the all-time favourite Chicken Curry. With minimal effort, you could whip up this tasty treat without breaking a sweat. Allow the chicken to sit in the marinade longer for a more robust flavour.
A fuss free version of a household favourite
Serves 3 - 4 people
This curry has a slight twang to the flavour. If you prefer it to be less sour, substitute the yoghurt with equal amounts of coconut cream.
½ chicken (cut into 4)
1 clove garlic
1 thumb sized ginger
2 red chillies
2 tsp. tomato puree
½ packet meat curry powder (15g)
2 tbsp. yoghurt
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
2 sprigs curry leaves
2 tbsp. cooking oil
*This recipe requires a one hour marination.
1. Wash the chicken thoroughly and score 2 slits each down to the bone.
2. Blend the rest of the ingredients together into a smooth paste and massage it into the chicken.
3. Marinate for an hour, or preferably overnight.
4. Heat the oven up to 200 degrees Celsius, roast the chicken for 40 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
5. Serve with a hot plate of rice or with some chapattis.