With yummy crunchy bits of ikan bilis, tempe slices and crisp potatoes, this tasty sambal works well with rice or even as snacks when you get the attack of the munchies.
"Crispy, spicy and so addictive!"
100g Red Chillies
40g Bird’s Eye Chillies
3 Asam Keping
100g Red Onions, sliced
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
100g Tempe, sliced thinly
100g Potatoes, sliced thinly
150g Ikan Bilis
2 Cups Cooking Oil
1 Tbs Sugar
Full of crunch with a spicy kick, you can even enjoy this dish as a snack during marathon movie nights.
1. Blend chillies, bird’s eye chillies and garlic.
2. Fry ikan bilis, potatoes and tempe until golden and crisp. Do the ikan bilis last because it would take the longest to fry and you want it to stay crispy for the sambal.
3. Drain ikan bilis but leave about 5 Tbs oil in the wok.
4. Saute blended ingredients and onions until fragrant. Add in asam keping and sugar.
5. When it starts to smell good, add in fried ingredients and mix well.Cook for a further 5 minutes.
Since 1998, FriedChillies.com has been a website dedicated to foodies from all over the world. FriedChillies Media writes, shoots, edits, produces, publishes and dreams about food. Food in all its alluring and appetizing forms.
We think there are endless ways to showcase food be it recipes, eating habits or just people obsessing about it. So we have shows to suit the foodie in everyone (check our shows here) and we have articles, reviews, gadgets, cooking tips and much, much more. Come to Friedchillies.com and we guarantee you'll go away hungry for more. Like us.