A Raya must have! Lodeh is a medley of vegetables cooked in a savoury coconut broth that goes well with pretty much any Raya dish on the table.
Serves 6 - 8 people
Pre-frying the vegetables improves flavour and gives it a lovely texture
1 piece of tempe (cut into cubes)
1 carrot (cut into batons)
1 bunch long beans (cut into batons)
¼ turnip (cut into batons)
40g dried shrimp (soak and pounded)
1 tbsp. oil
500ml fresh coconut milk
2 pieces of tofu (cut into cubes)
2 pieces tofu skins (soak and drain)
1 red onion (sliced)
2 red chilli (sliced)
½ tsp. turmeric powder
1 bunch glass noodles (soak and drain)
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1. Fry the tempe, carrots, long beans and turnip to soften slightly. Drain well with paper towels.
2. Using a sauce pot, lightly fry the pounded shrimp in oil until fragrant.
3. Pour coconut milk, water, tofu, tofu skins, red onion, red chillies and turmeric powder into the pot and bring it to a boil.
4. Add in the fried vegetables and bring it to a gentle simmer.
5. Lastly add in the glass noodles and season with salt and sugar.
6. Serve with nasi impit and sambal.