We found the SECRET to moist Chocolate Cake. It is something you have in your fridge and something you will never thought of using in a cake. But keep an open mind and trust us. IT WORKS! Ready?? It is a dollop of mayonnaise *insert shocked emoji*. Once all that negative reaction has passed your head, calm down and give it a try.
the ultimate MOIST chocolate cake
Serves 8 - 10 people
Overbeating cake batter will make cake firm and hard.
185ml hot coffee
40g cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
260g castor sugar
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla essence
250g semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp. butter
1. Preheat oven to 175˚c and grease & flour a 9 inch cake tin and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Mix hot coffee with cocoa powder together and let it cool down to room temperature.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. Beat sugar and eggs on medium speed until light and fluffy. This should take about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Beat in mayonnaise and vanilla essence until well combined.
6. Alternatively, mix in flour mixture and coffee mixture into the egg mixture until all are well combined into a cake batter. Don’t overbeat.
7. Pour cake batter into cake tin and bake in preheated oven until cake it cooked. A skewer should come out clean. This should take about 30 – 35 minutes.
8. Remove cake from oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. Then tip it out onto a wire cooling rack and let it cool to room temperature.
9. For the chocolate ganache, gently heat up cream in a pot and pour in chocolate chips and butter. Take off the stove and stir with a wooden spoon until chocolate has melted.
10. Pour chocolate ganache onto cake and spread out to coat evenly.