Roadside burgers are great but I reckon making your own is way better! Get all of the condiments ready and fire up your burger, have a mini build-your-own burger party, because… why not! Great for a night in with your mates.
An all-time feel good food!
Serves 2 people
For a juicier meat patty, you can add in 1 fresh lamb sausage and mix it in well.
250g minced lamb
20 pieces mint leaves, finely chopped
2 shallots, finely chopped
½ tsp. chilli powder
½ tsp. paprika powder
¼ tsp. cumin powder
Salt & pepper
Raw onion rings
Pickled gherkins (optional)
Sour cream & onion dip (optional)
1. Mix all the ingredients together for the burger patty. Split it into two balls and flatten it with your hand. Leave in the fridge for about 10 minutes to set.
2. Get all of the condiments ready. Butter and toast the burger buns and let it cool on a rack. Don’t let it steam up and get soggy.
3. Heat a non-stick pan on medium high and sear the burger patty on both sides. Cover with a lid so the insides cook quicker.
4. Remove the burger patty from the pan and let it rest for 2 minutes.
5. Build your burger as you like. The pickled gherkins is optional but it is great to cut through the richness of the lamb mince.
6. Serve with fries or salad.