OK we are not claiming this is the classic recipe but it’s the spicy version instead! When you want to tame the pasta craving beast, try this easy recipe with a little kick added.
Serves 2 - 3 people
This is the lighter version of the Alfredo. If you like it creamier, no need to add water to the sauce and replace it with more cream instead.
2 tbsp. butter
1 chicken breast, cut into strips
1 garlic, minced
1 tsp. chilli flakes
1 cup water
½ tsp. chicken seasoning powder
1 small box cream
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
A drizzle of lemon juice
Salt and pepper
Chopped parsley for garnish
1. Cook fettuccine in salted boiling water for 8 minutes and drain. Mix in a little butter to prevent it from sticking. Set aside.
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and sear in a pan with some melted butter.
3. After chicken is nicely browned, add in minced garlic and chilli flakes. Cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
4. Pour water into the pan together with chicken seasoning powder and cream. Bring to a gentle simmer and add in cooked pasta and grated cheese.
5. Season with salt and pepper and give it a good mix. Serve immediately.