Have you ever seen Nasi Goreng Sardin on a menu? I discovered it by accident and I was #mindblown. It is my new favourite go-to nasi goreng recipe. So easy to make, it is beginner-proof! Most of the ingredients you probably already have in your pantry so you can whip this up in no time. Give it a go!
Serves 2 people
Cold rice prevents it from becoming soggy fried rice.
2 cups cold cooked rice
1 small can of sardines, drained
2 tsp. chicken powder (optional)
2 tbsp. oil
2 red chilli
2 red bird’s eye chilli
2 green bird’s eye chilli
2 cloves garlic
½ tsp. salt
2 long beans, cut to 1 inch pieces
1. Using a large bowl, mash up sardine pieces with a fork, combine with cold rice and season with chicken powder. Mix thoroughly and set it aside.
2. Pound all 3 types of chillies, garlic and shallots. You can use a mortar and pestle or a grinder.
3. Heat oil in a pan and sauté pounded ingredients until it is fragrant and the paste shrinks. This should only take 2 – 3 minutes. Season with salt.
4. Add in long beans and cook for a minute and pour in the sardine and rice mix.
5. Stir to combine all of the ingredients and that’s it. All done!
Note: Serve with cucumber slices and keropok keping. Awesome combo!