Here is a quick pasta recipe you can whip up for your mid-week meal. Use fresh juicy prawns with the heads still on, it will contribute awesome flavor to your dish!
Juicy fresh prawns in a light tomato & cream sauce...
Serves 3 - 4 people
When you add in the pasta, it will quickly absorb the liquid in the pan. Add more stock to loosen it.
12 fresh prawns (de-shelled, head on)
4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
2 tbsp. tomato paste
½ cup water or stock
¼ cup cream
½ lemon zest
1 tsp. chopped parsley
4 tbsp. oil
2 cups spiral pasta
½ tsp. salt
1. Boil the pasta in lightly salted water until al-dante. Drain and stir in a knob of butter to prevent it from sticking.
2. Sear the prawns on both sides with a little olive oil. Set it aside.
3. Sauté the chopped garlic till fragrant and add tomato paste, stir well and add water. Simmer for a minute and add in lemon zest.
4. Stir in the cream and add in the pre-cooked prawns, pasta and chopped parsley
5. Season and serve immediately.