Stir fries are super quick and super easy to make. You could use leftover bits of vegetables and meat in your fridge and whip up something tasty in a jiffy and never waste leftovers and scraps of food again. Give this recipe a try to get your stir-fry mojo started!
Great for using leftover meat and veg
Serves 3 - 4 people
Stir fry with some dried chillies to give this dish a little bit of heat.
250g beef filled (sliced thinly)
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. corn flour
4 tbsp. cooking oil
1 thumb sized ginger (sliced thinly)
1 red onion (cut into wedges)
1 red capsicum (cut into 1” squares)
3 tsp. oyster sauce
2 tsp. soy sauce
½ cup water
Small bunch of snow peas
Pinch of white pepper
1. Marinade the beef fillet with soy sauce and corn flour for 15 minutes. While it is marinating, you could prepare the rest of the ingredients.
2. Heat up a wok on high flame and quickly stir fry the marinated beef until just cooked with 2 tbsp. oil. Remove from the wok and set aside.
3. Using the same wok on high heat, pour in the rest of the oil and stir fry the ginger, onion and red capsicum. When the vegetables are fragrant, add in the stir fried beef, oyster sauce and soy sauce.
4. Keep stirring and add water, snow peas and pinch of white pepper. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
5. Remove after the vegetables are cooked. This should take about 1 minute. Serve while piping hot!