This is a gorgeous salad that is fresh and filling to boot. Tender slices of roast beef are topped with a crunchy cucumber salad dressed in an amazing Thai-inspired dressing. Spicy and infinitely delicious, it’s a perfect way to use up leftover roast beef. Heck, just roast a hunk of beef for the sake of this. It’s that good.
Fresh and full of flavour!
Serves 2 - 3 people
Don't like beef? Sear some chicken breasts instead. Prawns work wonderful with the salad too.
6 - 8 slices roast beef (leftovers or make your own!)
1/4 cup roasted peanuts, crushed
1/4 cup lime juice
4 cili padi, chopped
Palm sugar to taste
Fish sauce to taste
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Slice the shallots and chop the chillies.
2. Put the shallots and chillies in a bowl. Add in the lime juice, fish sauce and palm sugar. Chuck in the peanuts.
3. Drizzle in some olive oil. Mix it all up.
4. Add the cucumbers and toss it all together.
5. Place the sliced beef on a plate. Top it off with the cucumber salad. Serve cool.