This great breakfast ‘burger’ is inspired by one of our I Eat Burger Heroes: Abang Lee of Lee Burger, Dataran Mentari. He puts baked beans and green peas on his burgers. We’re doing a more breakfast-y take with scrambled eggs and baked beans. A slice of turkey ham takes it to beyond delicious.
Serves 3 - 4 people
Use a beef patty if you want.
4 small buns
2 chicken breasts, butterflied and cut into 4 small pieces
1 small can baked beans
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp mozarella cheese
1 Tsp butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tsp Worcester sauce
Few slices of turkey ham
1. Slice the buns in half and toast. Set aside.
2. Marinade the chicken with Worcester sauce, salt and pepper. Pan fry until slightly browned on both side, about 3 minutes per side. Once cooked, set aside to rest.
3. For the scrambled eggs, mix the eggs, milk, mozarella cheese in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and cook in a pan. Use a low fire and keep stirring. Don't let the scrambled eggs dry out too much. Set aside.
4. Pan fry the turkey ham slices for 2 minutes.
5. Heat the baked beans in a microwave for about 2 minutes.
6. Assembly: bun, turkey ham, scrambled eggs, chicken, baked beans, bun.