- What to cook
- Vanilla Biscuits with Dark Chocolate Ganache
Vanilla Biscuits with Dark Chocolate Ganache
Soft vanilla munchies with nice yummy chocolate centers. So simple and yet so yummy…
I want one in my lunchbox!
Serves 4 people
Guys, make a batch of these yummy treats for your ladies to score some extra brownie points.
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
3 1/2 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup milk
Dark chocolate ganache:
1/2 cup thickened cream
200g bittersweet dark chocolate
1. Cream butter and sugar until pale yellow. Beat in egg.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together. Mix it in a tablespoon at a time, alternating with milk until you get a smooth, thick cake mix.
3. In a muffin tray drop a generous dollop of batter.
4. Bake in preheated 180C oven for 12- 14 minutes.
5. For ganache, break up chocolate into small pieces.
6. Heat up cream and pour over chocolate and stir until melted and smooth. Mix in zest.
7. Once cakes have cooled, take them out of tray and sandwich ganache between two cakes to make a whoopie pie.