Something about the combo of ghee and pasta made this smell incredibly irresistible. This dessert has a lot of texture from the nuts and raisins.
A little bit spicy, a little bit nuts!
Serves 2 people
Impress your guests by serving this creamy and rich Indian dessert.
1 tsp ghee (clarified butter)
1 cup angel hair pasta, broken into pieces
4 cups whole milk
2 cups water
¾ cup sugar
½ cup golden raisins
½ cup broken raw cashew nuts
¼ tsp ground cardamom
1. In a large frying pan heat the ghee and pasta over medium heat until all the pieces have lightly browned. Set aside.
2. In a heavy saucepan heat the milk and water, as soon as it boils reduce heat to medium and add the fried pasta.
3. Simmer for 6 mins until the pasta is cooked. Add sugar and simmer another 15 mins stirring frequently.
4. While the milk is simmering, in the frying pan that was used for the pasta fry the raisins and cashews until lightly browned.
5. Add the raisins and nuts into the milk with the ground cardamom.