1. Wash rice and boil with 3 liters of water, ginger and one chicken cube. Bring it to a simmer.
2. Add in chicken breast and simmer for 30 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
3. Once chicken is cooked, take it out from the bubur and shred it into small pieces.
4. Season bubur with white pepper powder and sesame oil. Add more water if bubur is too thick and adjust seasoning to taste.
5. To serve, ladle bubur into a bowl and season with more white pepper powder, sesame oil and garnish with fried shallots and chopped herbs. Don’t forget to serve with salted duck egg.