Ingredients for bubur lambuk.
1. Season the fish with a little salt and steam it until it is thoroughly cooked. Around 10 minutes should do it.
2. Wash and boil the rice until it reaches congee consistency. This should take about half an hour.
3. Meanwhile, pound the peppercorns, shallots, garlic and ginger in a mortar and pestle until fine. Add it into the congee and let it blip slowly on the stove.
4. Pick and wash all the leaves, set it aside.
5. Once the fish is cooked, debone the fish, leaving only the flesh. Pound the fish meat in the mortar and pestle and add it into the congee. Give it a good stir.
6. Finally, add in the coconut milk, fresh herbs and all the seasoning.
7. Turn off the heat when the herbs have wilted. Serve piping hot or at room temperature.