Burnt cheesecake has become increasingly popular this year and we totally jumped on the wagon and joined in the hype. If you tend to burn your food all the time, this is the perfect recipe for you. The burnt crust on top give it an awesome flavour, you seriously can’t stop eating it.
"If it is not charred, it is not ready"
200g cream cheese, room temperature
1 egg yolk, room temperature
3 eggs, room temperature
5g cake flour
1. Grease cake tin with a little butter. Grease a sheet of parchment paper with butter as well and line it into the cake tin (butter side up). Press and line the cake tin as smooth as possible to the edges.
2. Preheat oven to 220˚c.
3. Mix cream cheese and sugar together until well combined.
4. Add in eggs one by one. Make sure to mix in each egg well before adding another.
5. Pour in cream and cake flour. Mix until well combined.
6. Pour into lined 6 inch cake tin and bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes.
7. Let Cheesecake cool down to room temperature and chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.