1. Get the seasoning ready in a bowl and set it aside. Get the rest of the ingredients ready and place it near your stove. Separate out the kuey teow noodle strands for even cooking.
2. Set the wok on high heat. Rub some salt on the prawns and toss in 1 tbsp. of hot oil until just cooked. Remove from work and set it aside.
3. Add in the remaining 1 tbsp. of oil and sauté the chopped garlic until golden brown. Pour in the chilli paste and cook it out for 15 seconds.
4. Toss in the fishcake slices and noodles. Stir until well incorporated with the chilli paste.
5. Add in the seasoning and pre-cooked prawns, toss it around to mix well.
6. Push all of the noodles to one side and crack in an egg into the wok.
7. Scramble it around at the bottom of the wok and cover it with the noodles. Do not stir the egg and noodles for 30 seconds. Let the eggs cook and set.
8. Finally, give everything a good toss in the wok again and throw in the Chinese chives and bean sprouts. Mix for a few seconds only.
9. Turn off the heat and serve the Char Kuey Teow immediately.