We love making gingerbread men! Try this recipe and go crazy with decorating.
"Cookies for the holidays!"
This recipe has a 45 minute resting time.
For the gingerbread
350g plain flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
175g brown sugar
2 Tbs golden syrup
2 Tbs molasses/ maple syrup
450g Confectioner’s Sugar
¼ Cup plus 1 tbs meringue powder
½ Cup water
1. Pulse all dry ingredients in a food processor.
2. Add in wet ingredients and combine.
3. Wrap clingfilm around the ball of dough and chill for 45 minutes.
4. Cut out your favourite shapes and bake for 12-15 minutes in 180c oven. Bake it a little longer if you like it crispy instead of a little soft.
5. Beat all the ingredients for icing until fluffy, about 8 minutes. Put in pipping bag immediately and decorate.