1. Clean chicken parts thoroughly with water and place it in a large pot. Add in ginger, spring onions and cover with water 1 inch above chicken and add in salt.
2. Simmer with a lid on for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked. Remove the gunky foam that floats to the top. This helps keep the stock clear.
3. To tell if chicken is cooked, poke the thickest part of the chicken and if the juices should run clear without any pink-ness.
4. Dunk chicken pieces in ice water for 3 – 4 minutes to stop cooking process.
1. Heat up oil and sauté ginger and garlic until becomes fragrant.
2. Add in pandan leaves and washed rice grains and sauté for a minute to allow rice to absorb fragrant oil.
3. Transfer rice into rice cooker and pour in chicken stock. Let rice cook.
Garlic & Ginger Dip
1. Mix spring onions, ginger and garlic in a heat proof bowl and pour in hot oil. It will sizzle slightly.
2. Season with salt and sugar to taste. Adjust seasoning to taste.
1. Put all ingredients together into a pot and blitz until fine. Adjust seasoning to taste.
1. Cut chicken up into smaller pieces and arrange nicely on a platter. Pour soy sauce dressing all over and garnish with coriander and sliced cucumbers.
2. Fluff up cooked rice and discard ginger, garlic and pandan leaf. Dish out onto plates.
3. Dish out remaining hot chicken broth into individual bowls.
4. Serve with both dipping sauces.