1. Massage curry powder into the chicken and set it aside.
2. Prepare onion paste. Blend onions and garlic until fine and transfer it into a bowl.
3. Using the same blender without washing it, put all of the green paste’s ingredients and blend. Try not to add too much water. Pause in between pulses and use a wooden spoon to push the leaves down. It will liquefy eventually.
4. Heat oil in a wide pot and add in onion paste and whole spices. Sauté until the paste shrinks. Add a little extra oil if the paste starts to look a bit dry.
5. Add in chicken and ¼ tsp. of salt, stir to mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on medium heat until chicken is no longer pink on the outside. This should take about 5 minutes.
6. When the chicken is ready, add in green paste, curry leaves another ¼ tsp. of salt and sugar. Stir thoroughly and when it starts bubbling again, cover with a lid.
7. Cook on medium heat until chicken is tender while stirring occasionally to prevent it from burning at the bottom of the pot. Do not add any water, the liquid comes from the green paste.
8. Before turning off the heat, season with the final ¼ tsp. of salt. Stir and serve with hot rice or freshly fried puri. So good!
Do try out this recipe! Let us know how it turned out. Don't forget to share this link with your mates.