1. Wash the chicken parts and set aside to drain. Score 2 slits on each piece down to the bone.
2. Measure out and blend the rest of the ingredients till smooth.
3. Marinade the chicken for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
4. Shake off excess marinade from the chicken and roast it in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes, or until the juices run clear. Baste the chicken with the remaining marinade halfway through.
5. Take out the chicken and let it rest for 5 minutes.
6. Turn the oven to grill mode and grill the chicken on both sides until slightly charred.
7. Serve the chicken with rice and a side of salad.
Note: I managed to buy fresh Scotch Bonnet Peppers from Hock Choon supermarket at Jalan Ampang and B.I.G at Publika.
If you guys know any other shops, do leave a comment so our foodies can hunt for these ingredients too!