1. Fry peanuts in oil until it becomes dark brown.
2. Remove peanuts from oil and blend with 2 cups water until semi-smooth.
3. Blend all the spices together until smooth. Add a little water to the blender if needed.
4. Heat up oil and sauté blended spices together until paste shrinks.
5. Add in sugar, gula Melaka and salt. Simmer until sugars dissolve. The colour will turn very dark and glossy.
6. Pour in blended peanuts and water. Simmer for 15 - 20 minutes until sauce thickens up slightly. Adjust seasoning (salt and sugar) to personal preference.