1. Make the coconut filling. Break up the palm sugar and combine with sugar, pandan leaf and water in a wide pan. Cook on low heat until the sugars dissolve. Add in the freshly grated coconut and cook until it is sticky. This should take about 5 minutes. Set it aside.
2. To make the skin, dissolve the sugar in warm water. Sift the flour together, add in the mashed sweet potatoes and pour in the sugar water. Use your hands to mix into a dough. It is ready when the dough doesn’t stick to your hands. Add in extra glutinous rice flour of dough is sticky.
3. Weigh out the dough into 20g balls and flatten it in your palm. Fill with 1 tsp. of coconut and wrap it up and roll it in your palm to form balls.
4. Roll in sesame seeds and fry until golden brown.
5. Allow the kuih to cool before consumption.