1. Peel and cut sweet potato into rough chunks. Boil until fork tender and mash it until fine.
2. Add in flour and baking powder to the sweet potato and mix well to form a dough.
3. Divide into equal sized balls and poke through each ball to form a doughnut shape kuih.
4. Deep fry the kuih
until it is golden brown. Flip it on both sides for an even colouring. Drain on paper towels.
5. To make the syrup, measure out all of the ingredients and cook it in a wide pan or a wok.
6. Once all the sugars dissolves, let it bubble rapidly for a few minutes. When it starts to thicken, put in all the fried kuih
and mix it over and over again until the sugar starts to frost and stick to the kuih
Don't they just look so darn good!