1. Put the couscous, hot water and salt into a big bowl and cover it with a plate.
2. Sauté the diced red pepper and season with salt and pepper and add into the couscous bowl. No need to stir it in yet. Cover again with the plate.
3. Mix all the ingredients for kofta together and shape it into oblong patties.
4. Sear the kofta on both sides in a non-stick pan without any oil. The fat from the mince will start to melt and oil the pan.
5. While the koftas are cooking, add in the chopped herbs into the couscous and fluff it up with a fork. Adjust seasoning if necessary and drizzle in a little olive oil.
6. Scoop out some couscous onto a plate and place a couple of pieces of cooked lamb koftas on top. Serve with a slice of lemon. Eat it while it is piping hot.