1. Smash the garlic and cut asparagus into 2 inch spears.
2. Sautee them in olive oil, about 5 minutes until asparagus is shinny and a little charred.
3. Add in the lemon zest and stir.
4. In a pot of simmering salted water cook the angelhair. You probably only need to cook it for about 3-4 minutes. You want the pasta still al dente when you put it with the asparagus.
You want to toss this well, get all that lemony flavour in.
5. Scoop out a bit of the pasta water and add pasta to the asparagus. Add in butter and juice of half lemon. Toss with a pair of tongs.
6. Taste your pasta and add salt and more lemon juice if needed. Add in some pasta water if it's too dry.
7. Plate up, season with pepper and just a bit more lemon zest for serving.
*this recipe was inspired by Food52