1. Mix all 3 ingredients for spicy seasoning powder. Set it aside.
You can increase the amount of chilli powder is you like things spicier
2. Butterfly and flatten chicken breast. Butterflying a chicken breast means to cut a breast width-ways, but not all the way through, so the breast opens up like a butterfly. The chicken is now thinner but larger in size.
Flattening the chicken allows even cooking and makes the breast wider as well. This method is how you get the XXL size
3. Season with salt and pepper and crack in an egg. Mix well.
Egg wash helps the dredging flour stick to the chicken
4. Mix ingredients for dredging flour. Dredge chicken in seasoned flour. Discard excess egg.
Make sure every nook and cranny is covered.
5. Heat up Minyak ALIF
to 170˚c and fry chicken until light yellow in colour. This takes about 2 minutes.
6. Remove chicken from oil and turn the flames up to 185˚c. Deep fry the chicken again until golden brown. This should take about 5 minutes, depending on the size of your chicken.
When it is ready, it will look like this
7. Remove chicken and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle chicken with spicy seasoning powder while it is still piping hot.
Seasoning powder binds into the crust while the chicken is still hot
8. Serve it whole or cut it up into bite sized pieces.