1. Cut chicken pieces into bite sized pieces. Marinate chicken with soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger juice, garlic, sugar, salt and a pinch of white pepper powder. Marinade for 10 minutes.
Chicken is boneless and in small pieces. Therefore it doesn't need to marinated too long
2. Season potato starch with a little salt and white pepper powder. Dredge chicken in flour and let it sit for 2 minutes.
Potato starch gives a light & crispy batter
3. For the first round of frying, heat MINYAK ALIF
up to 160˚c and fry the chicken for 2 minutes. Remove from hot oil and let it rest.
First round of frying is just to cook the chicken. It will still be quite light in colour
4. For the second round of frying, increase the oil temperature to 180˚c and fry the chicken again for the second time until golden brown. This should take about 2 - 3 minute. Drain on paper towels.
Higher oil temperature will make it darker and crispier while retaining the juiciness
5. Serve chicken with a wedge lemon and some Japanese mayo.
Use MINYAK ALIF for best results