Make this moist coffee cake to celebrate international coffee day this weekend. Even non coffee lovers will be asking for seconds. We say eat it a little warm with cold vanilla ice cream. It’s like a fabulous take on an adffogato in cake form!
"Celebrate coffee day with a scrummy cake!"
3 tsp instant coffee
1 Tbs hot water
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup self raising flour
1/4 cup custard powder
1/3 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla essence
Icing Drizzle (optional):
5 Tbs icing sugar
1-2 tsp honey
1. Preheat oven at 170c. Line a 7" or 8" round cake pan.
2. Mix instant coffee and hot water together.
3. Beat butter and sugar until pale and creamy. Add in eggs and beat until fluffy.
4. Add in custard powder and vanilla then mix in the self raising flour.
5. Add milk and coffee mix. Make sure everything is mixed well.
6. Batter will look like it's a little curdle. Don't worry this is the texture you're looking for.
7. Pour into cake tin and bake for about 30 minutes. When you poke in a skewer it should come out clean.
8. Mix honey and icing sugar and drizzle it on the cake while it's still warm.