This is a simple one pot chicken rice recipe that you can make for a weekday dinner. The addition of shitake mushrooms and pak choy makes this a complete meal on its own. Once you’ve tried it, you’ll see how easy it is to rustle up your own chicken rice!
"fuss-free chicken rice......"
3 boneless chicken legs, cut into bite-sized pieces
2 tsp. corn flour
2 tsp. black pepper powder
2 tsp sugar
1 tbsp. dark soy sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 inch ginger, crushed
3 - 4 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tbsp oil.
2 cups fresh shitake mushrooms
2 cups rice
2 1/2 cups water/chicken stock
3 pieces dried chillies, optional
Chopped spring onions, optional
A couple bunches of Pak Choy, optional
1. Combine all ingredients for chicken and set it aside.
2. Use a rice cooker pot and heat it up on the stove. Heat up oil and saute garlic and ginger until fragrant.
3. Add in marinated chicken and stir. Cover with a lid and cook for a couple of minutes.
4. When the chicken is no longer pink, add in mushrooms and cook for a further couple of minutes.
5. Add in washed rice, stock and dried chillies. When it starts to bubble again, transfer into rice cooker and let it cook.
6. When the button pops up to indicate the rice is ready, wait for a few minutes and press the cook button again to continue cooking.
7. Repeat step 6 again until rice is tender and let the cooked rice rest for at least 10 minutes before mixing and serving.
8. Garnish with spring onions and eat up while its hot!
Note: We went Live for this recipe on Friedchillies Facebook page on 9th March. Check it out for a step by step guide.