1. Chop the beef bacon into small pieces and fry in a pot with 2tbsp. of oil until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
2. In the same pot, sauté the onion and garlic until soft and translucent, do not brown it.
3. Sauté the potatoes for 2 minutes and add in the hot water and chicken stick cube. Cook until the potatoes are soft.
4. Pour in the frozen peas and bring it to a boil. The peas are cooked when it floats to the top.
5. Blitz the soup with a stick blender until the consistency is smooth and silky. You can leave it slightly chunky if you prefer.
6. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle in some lemon juice. Add more lemon juice is you like it more tangy.
7. Serve with some toasted bread or croutons and don’t forget to sprinkle crispy bacon on your soup.