1. In a large resealable bag add buttermilk, salt, pepper and chicken pieces. Keep it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes but recommended over night.
2. Heat oil on medium heat. Mix flour, paprika and garlic powder on a plate.
3. Dredge marinated chicken through the flour mix, shaking off excess flour.
4. Fry in hot oil. If you see chicken browning too quickly, just lower the heat a little.
5. In batches fry chicken until olden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel line baking tray. Let it rest while you make the sauce.
6. In a bowl, mash the steamed duck egg yolks and set aside.
7. Heat butter and oil then sauté garlic, chilli padi and curry leaves until fragrant.
8. Add in the mashed duck egg yolks and mix them until well combine.
9. Toss in popcorn chicken and mix it well.