1. Blend all of the ingredients for the spice paste together until smooth. Add as little water as necessary.
2. Heat cooking oil in a wide base pan or wok and sauté the spice paste until the paste shrink and oil split.
3. Add in the cubed beef, bruised lemongrass and galangal. Cook until beef shrinks.
4. Add water and simmer until beef is tender and the sauce is slightly dry.
5. Pour in coconut milk, kerisik and asam keping and simmer again until slightly dry.
6. Lastly, add in palm sugar, salt, and shredded fresh herbs.
7. Let it simmer for 5 minutes and turn off the heat. Adjust seasoning if necessary.