1. Bring a pot of water to boil. Drop in the knot of Pandan leaf and put in all the sago. Stir frequently it to prevent sticking. Boil for about 10 minutes.
2. Make the gula Melaka syrup. Put all of the ingredients in a pot and bring it to a gentle simmer. Once all the sugars dissolve, transfer into a small dish. Discard the pandan leaves.
3. For the coconut cream, just bring it up to a gentle simmer and set it aside.
4. Once the sago is cooked, pour it into a fine sieve and run it under a tap water to get rid of the starch. Do not press with a spoon. You will see the little transparent sago balls in the sieve. Knock out as much water as possible and transfer it into a bowl.
5. To serve, pour the coconut cream into the bowl of sago and give it a good stir. Serve with the gula Melaka syrup. Enjoy it hot or cold.