1. Put all items for blended ingredients together in a blender and blitz until fine.
First round of blending is without curry leaves
2. Once everything has liquefied, add in curry leaves and pulse a few times. Don’t blend it too fine. You want to see some green leaves on the rempeyek.
Curry leaves adds a lovely fragrance to the salted duck egg flavours
3. Pour into a bowl and whisk in rice flour until there are no lumps left.
4. Heat up oil in a wok and submerge rempeyek ladle in the oil to heat it up.
5. Once the oil is hot, turn it down to medium low and pour in a little batter into the heated mould.
6. Sprinkle some peanuts and anchovies and slowly submerge the ladle into the oil. It will sizzle and the batter will lift from the mould.
Submerge it in oil slowly or the anchovies and peanuts will float away
7. Fry on both sides for a few minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
8. Once cooled, store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
These will be gone before you can say nak lagi!