1. Rinse and dry ikan bilis on paper towels.
2. Grind shallots, garlic, dried chillies and belacan.
3. Heat oil and fry peanuts until dark golden brown. Drain on paper towels and season with a little salt.
4. Using the same oil, fry ikan bilis until crispy. Drain on paper towels.
5. Slice tempeh and fry till golden brown. Drain on paper towels and season with a little salt.
6. Using the same oil, fry spice paste until it shrinks and oil splits. Season with salt and MSG.
7. Remove paste from pan and wash it clean. Sprinkle sugar into cleaned dry pan and melt on medium low heat. Then add in fried ikan bilis, tempeh, peanuts and spice paste.
8. Mix thoroughly to combine well. Set aside to cool down and store in air tight containers.