1. Preheat oven to 175˚c and grease & flour a 9 inch cake tin and line the bottom with parchment paper.
2. Mix hot coffee with cocoa powder together and let it cool down to room temperature.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. Beat sugar and eggs on medium speed until light and fluffy. This should take about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Beat in mayonnaise and vanilla essence until well combined.
6. Alternatively, mix in flour mixture and coffee mixture into the egg mixture until all are well combined into a cake batter. Don’t overbeat.
7. Pour cake batter into cake tin and bake in preheated oven until cake it cooked. A skewer should come out clean. This should take about 30 – 35 minutes.
8. Remove cake from oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. Then tip it out onto a wire cooling rack and let it cool to room temperature.
9. For the chocolate ganache, gently heat up cream in a pot and pour in chocolate chips and butter. Take off the stove and stir with a wooden spoon until chocolate has melted.
10. Pour chocolate ganache onto cake and spread out to coat evenly.