1. Preheat oven to 180˚c. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Put flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
3. Add in cold butter into flour mixture and pinch it with your fingers until it resembles rough breadcrumbs.
Doesn't need to be super uniformed. It is OK if you big and small lumps of butter in there
4. Mix milk and eggs together and whisk till well combined.
5. Pour milk & egg mixture into flour mixture and use your fingers to stir and bind both wet and dry ingredients together until just bind. Doesn’t need to be a smooth dough ball and doesn’t need to be kneaded at all.
6. Pour dough onto lightly dusted work surface. Use hands to pat and flatten dough to ½ inch thickness. Use a round 1 ½ inch cookie cutter to cut out pieces of scones.
If you don't have cookie cutters you can just cut it into squares
7. There will be remaining off cuts of dough. Just gather it together, pat it down and cut it out again. Repeat process until all dough are used up. The last piece of dough is usually a gnarly bit.
8. There will be some bits of milk and egg mixture left in the bowl. Dip using your index finger and lightly glaze the top of each scone.
9. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown all over.
10. Serve with clotted cream and jam. Don’t forget a hot cup of tea!