1. Mix all the ingredients together for the burger patty. Split it into two balls and flatten it with your hand. Leave in the fridge for about 10 minutes to set.
2. Get all of the condiments ready. Butter and toast the burger buns and let it cool on a rack. Don’t let it steam up and get soggy.
3. Heat a non-stick pan on medium high and sear the burger patty on both sides. Cover with a lid so the insides cook quicker.
4. Remove the burger patty from the pan and let it rest for 2 minutes.
5. Build your burger as you like. The pickled gherkins is optional but it is great to cut through the richness of the lamb mince.
6. Serve with fries or salad.