1. Heat oil in a sauté pan and sauté sliced onions until soft.
2. In the meantime, whip eggs in a bowl and add in the rest of the ingredients. Stir well to incorporate and make sure there are no cornflour lumps.
3. Pour in the sautéed onions into the raw egg mixture and give it a quick stir.
4. Drizzle a little bit of oil into the same hot pan and pour in the raw egg mixture.
5. Use a spatula and gently stir the omelette so the center will cook quicker. Stop stirring just before to the entire omelette starts to set.
Tip: Stop stirring at this stage so the eggs have a chance to set back into a single piece
6. If you are feeling brave enough, with a swift motion, jerk up the pan to flip the omelette upside down and continue cooking for another minute or so.
7. But if you don’t fancy cleaning a potential mess, just use a humble spatula and carefully flip the omelette upside down.
8. Slide out the cooked omelette onto a plate and cut into portions. Set this as a side to accompany your meal. Goes great with sliced cucumbers and sambal belacan.