1. Heat the oil on medium high and sauté the shallots, garlic and ginger until soft and translucent.
2. Meanwhile, mix the Tom Yum paste, sugar, salt and hot water together in a bowl. Taste the mixture, there should be a balance of sweet, spicy and tangy.
3. Pour in the Tom Yom mixture into the wok and add in fish cake or any seafood and crushed lemon grass. Cook it for a minute.
4. Add in the drained rice noodles and incorporate well with the sauce. It will look really soupy at first, but the noodles will soak up all the sauce.
5. Once the liquid dries up, throw in the chopped lemon grass, ginger flower and kaffir lime leaves and give it a good mix, turn off the heat.
6. Best served wither hot or room temperature with some crispy fish crackers.