1. Run a pair of scissors or knife along the back of the prawn shell. Remove the black vein. Do not peel of the shells.
2. Toss the prawns in turmeric powder and pan fry it on high heat until just cooked. Set it aside and discard used frying oil.
3. Pound the dried chillies, fresh chillies, shallots and garlic using a mortar and pestle.
4. Sauté the pounded ingredients until the paste shrinks and oil splits.
5. Add the tomato sauce and prawns back into the pan. Gently stir until the sauce coats each prawn evenly.
6. Season with salt and sugar to taste.
We love our food spicy! And that goes down a treat with a cold glass of F&N Seasons Ice Peach Tea